COMPANY

History

Today
With its two production sites Tullau Pappen® is a modern producer of solid board, who takes on the developments and the challenges of the future.

Fachpack 2006
First attendance at the Trade Fair for Packaging Solutions “FachPack” in Nuremberg: Many visitors came to the Tullau Pappen® green illuminated stand; many national and international guests were convinced as new customers.

2003
Tullau Pappen® honours its 125th anniversary.
Customers and guests of economy and politics were invited to the “Kunsthalle Würth” in Schwäbisch Hall. With an interesting celebration agenda the guests had the possibility to join a guided tour through the historic Schwäbisch Hall or to have a look at the exhibition of “Max Liebermann” at the Kunsthalle Würth.

1997
The company acquires the Pappenfabrik Trauchgau in Bavaria. After extensive rebuilding activities and a general overhaul of the machinery the production of the Trauchgau mill starts in the summer of 1998.

1992
Matthias Kurz gets the position of the vice CEO – the company acts in its 5th generation now. New applications for solidboard products, a new structured sales department and intensified export activities are the main challenges. Efficiency and products are further developed.

1985
The stock of recovered paper in Tullau burns down completely. Nevertheless the production starts 10 days later. While a new building has to be built, the production continues under a tent during the whole wintertime.

1980
Tullau Pappen® moves to a new site built nearby. A new modern board machine with a sheet size of 3,05 m x 4,60 m is being built.

1973
The company acquires the local sawmill and therefore enlarges its space. After the death of Hermann Kurz, Günter Kurz becomes the CEO of the company.

1967
A new board machine is being built whose processes are controlled and managed via a control desk.


Solid board drying on the grassland
1952
After completing his diploma, Günter Kurz joins the company. The reconstruction after the war also brings an upturn in the board industry. The technology is being modernized and the capacity has increased. Beginning of the fifties a large calendar is being built and the pulp preparation is being reconstructed. The water-power plant is being modernized and expanded to an output of 200 kW.


Hermann Kurz


Karl Kurz

1935
Karl Kurz assignes the management to his son Hermann. Hermann Kurz stays head of the company until his death in the year 1977. He significantly shaped the changes from a small enterprise which produced solid board manually to an industrial unit.

The worldwide economic crisis in the thirties also gets to Christian Räuchle. 1935 he sells his plant to his brother-in-law Karl Kurz who combines the board mill with the power supply which was established by him.



Christian Räuchle

Arround 1920
After the First World War the production is being expanded and an electrically powered truck was bought which is very modern at that time. This truck runs environment-friendly without pollution. All the transports to the train station and to the city of Schwäbisch Hall are made with this truck.

1911
A new Voith water turbine with 40 horsepower delivers the driving power of the machines. Raw materials for further processing are recovered paper and rags. Until now Tullau Pappen® is a recycler, even though it is more complex to produce a high quality product made of secondary fibre than made of primary fibre like cellulose or mechanical wood pulp.

1908
Together with his son-in-law Karl Kurz, Christian Räuchle acquires the board mill Gall, which is next to their own location.
In the same year Christian Räuchle takes over the factory of his father. At that time 8 workers produce 750 kg of book binding board, packaging board and brown shoe board per day.

1884
The factory and the home of the owners which is in the same building, is destroyed by fire. Christian Räuchle sets up a new plant on the same site.


Christian Räuchle
1878
Christian Räuchle acquires the mill in Tullau: Due to the closeness to the river Kocher mills were run since centuries. These are basic conditions to establish a board mill. All the machines were powered by two big water wheels with diameters of 5,5 m each.

Arround 1600
Origin as flour-, fulling-, oil-, fruit-, saw mills